Xbox Live over the last week or so has been terrible. I can understand an outage once in a while, but for a paid service, this is unacceptable. I realize you are all working hard to get this issue resolved, but I would appreciate some sort of compensation for this extended outage.
Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!
I’m really sorry that you’re having a problem with your Xbox console. I understand that when you reached the end of the sign up process for Xbox Live, you receive the following error message: “Xbox Live sign up is currently unavailable. Please try again later.” You receive this error message if one of the following conditions is true:
• You are trying to migrate a two-month trial account from an original Xbox console and the account is not yet a paid account.
• The account that you are trying to migrate from an original Xbox console to an Xbox 360 console has been canceled.
• The account that you are trying to migrate from an original Xbox console to an Xbox 360 console is not in good standing. For example, the credit card that you used for the account has expired.
• The account from the original Xbox console requires action. For example, your gamer tag is currently banned or you have not yet complied with an outstanding forced gamer tag.
Things to try:
1. Try the solution that best relates to the issue that you are experiencing. Select one of the following solutions:
a. If you are using a two-month trial account on the original Xbox console, wait until the trial period is over and the account is a paid subscription before you migrate the account.
b. If your account has been canceled on the original Xbox console, create a new account on the Xbox 360 console.
c. If your account on the original Xbox console is not in good standing, you may not be able to play a game on an original Xbox console. Try to use your account on the original Xbox console. If you cannot play a game or if you cannot access account management, you may have to update your credit card information in the Xbox Dashboard.
d. If you have unread system messages because of a banned gamer tag or because of a forced gamer tag change, make sure that you read these messages, and then wait until the gamer tag is changed or until the ban period is over before you migrate your account to Xbox 360.
If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) so we can expedite our service to you. You may also call Xbox Phone Support at 1-800-4MYXBOX (1-800-469-9269) at your earliest convenience, and we’ll be happy to help you. We are open everyday from 8am to 12mn US Central Time.
To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number XXXXXXXXXX when you call.
Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.
Xbox Customer Care
I know an automated response when I see one, but at least they could have auto-replied back on the right issue. Glad to see the support is as good as the service lately.